185 San Leandro Way
St. Francis Wood | San Francisco, CA
Offered at $3,425,000
Grand Traditional Home – St. Francis Wood
This marvelous home impresses with its exceptional character, large scale rooms, excellent layout, remodeled condition and prime St. Francis Wood location. With the goal of modernizing its utility while preserving architectural integrity, the house underwent an extensive remodel in 2016-2017. During this time, all systems were upgraded, kitchen and baths were remodeled, and fine details were restored and enhanced. The home offers three large bedrooms with one en-suite on the upper floor, and a second bedroom suite on the main level. In addition to a grand scale living/dining room, you’ll enjoy a perfectly appointed custom chef’s kitchen and a comfortable family room.
Other important features include beautiful windows, ocean views, a walk-out garden with patio, an upper terrace, professional landscape, a large basement and two-car garage parking. Situated on a pretty tree-lined street, the home is convenient to West Portal Village shops, great local schools, transportation and 280/101 freeways.
- Four Bedrooms (Two Suites)
- Three Full & One-Half Bathrooms
- Formal Entry Hall with Guest Closet
- Grand Scale Living & Dining Room
- Perfectly Appointed Chef’s Kitchen
- Family Room with Direct Access to Garden
- Charming First Floor Guest Powder Room
- Versatile First Floor Suite with Murphy Bed
- Fenced Backyard with Patio and Deck
- Walk-Out Wood-Planked Roof Top Deck
- Professional Landscape, Mature Plants & Trees
- Basement for Storage, Laundry & Utility
- Two-Car Side-by-Side Garage & Driveway Parking
- Built 1927, 3,156 Square Feet
- Extensively Remodeled 2016-2017
- Beautiful Windows, Hardwood Floors & Woodwork
- Wood-Burning Fireplace with Marble Surround
- Professional KitchenAid Stainless Steel Appliances
- Large Center Island with Stone Countertops
- Custom Cabinetry, Double Ovens & Double Sinks
- Wine Fridge & Wet Bar for Entertaining
- Restoration Hardware Designer Lighting
- Abundant Storage, Cabinetry & Built-Ins
- In-Ground Irrigation & Home Security System
ST. FRANCIS WOOD
The developers of the St. Francis Wood, Mason and McDuffie, began planning the neighborhood more than 100 years ago, advertising St. Francis Wood as the city’s first residential park. The sales brochure touted lots that were twice the size of the average city lot, lush parks and boulevards to be designed by the Olmsted Brothers and streets lined with trees and plants. It was to be a planned community, a place that would appeal to families and to those seeking a grand lifestyle in a unique city setting. The majority of the neighborhood’s 540 homes were completed between the years of 1920 and 1940. While home styles range from Colonial Revival, Spanish Mediterranean to Tudor there is a common thread as all were built under the architectural guidance of the homeowners association. It is for this reason that the neighborhood was able to achieve homogeneity of scale, color and style and it remains that way today.
This property is being marketed under CA Covid-19 Guidelines. Please contact listing agent for details.
Exceptional client service is Jane Poppelreiter`s first priority. Her service oriented philosophy and focused attention to every detail of the buying and selling process has provided her clients with solid real estate investments and has earned her wide respect throughout the San Francisco real estate community.
Jane`s negotiation skills, confidence and expert ability to formulate deals that work are the result of her years of experience and ultimately is the value that she offers her clients. With an impressive list of clients Jane has proven herself as a polished professional, pairing innovative marketing and selling strategies with excellent communication skills. She credits her past and present success to personal discipline, high standards, creativity, and the persistence to ensure that every transaction be as seamless as possible.